Are you ready to explore new places, meet new friends, and feel more confident on the trail? Without having to worry about planning and navigation? Tired of expensive entertainment options like movies, restaurants, and bars? Ready to invest in yourself and your well-being? If you answered yes to any of these, my Minnesota Guided Hikes are perfect for you!
Welcome, I’m Holly!
I discovered the great outdoors later in life and it’s become one of the most important aspects of my life since. I’ve hiked nearly every mile of trail in every Minnesota State Park. I’ve hiked most of the Superior Hiking Trail, the Superior National Forest, and a good portion of the BWCAW. I learned everything the hard way and discovered all of the best places along the way. Now I’m on a mission to share my knowledge and experience in a way that brings adventurous people like you together. I’ve been leading guided hikes since 2018 and love helping people build courage, confidence, and friendship in the great outdoors. It would be an honor to have you join us and become a part of this growing community.
Don’t Miss a Hike!
NEW FOR 2023 — In an effort to nurture a greater sense of community, registration for guided hikes will be exclusive to members of this email community. Sign up today so you don’t miss the next hike!
What to expect:
- A relaxing day on the trail. — I do the planning, coordinating, and guiding. You simply show up and have fun.
- 2-4 hours of fitness and fresh air. — Most hikes are between five and seven miles which takes two to four hours. We maintain a pace that’s comfortable for the whole group, about 2 to 3 miles per hour, so time on the trail can vary. I detail the estimated time and mileage in every hike description.
- Make new friends. — Meet new people and connect with regulars who are passionate about hiking and spending time outdoors.
- Take care of yourself. — These guided hikes will help you relieve stress, replenish energy, and build confidence so you can show up as your best self in every area of life.
- Build confidence. — I’ll help you build confidence with little lessons like how to read maps and identify plants. You’re welcome to “pick my brain” and ask any questions you have about the great outdoors or my life in general.
- Snap incredible photos. — I’ll show you the best spots to get great photographs, especially in the more scenic parts of the state.
- I value your time. — We start each hike on time so we can end on time. Please come early.
- Your safety comes first. — I’m committed to your safety. Click here to read my safety guidelines and items you might want to bring for a more comfortable experience.
- Everyone belongs! — Whether you’re new to hiking or a seasoned veteran, if you’re over the age of 18 and comfortable walking on uneven terrain at a moderate pace, these hikes are for you.
- Register Early. — Don’t miss an opportunity to attend a hike. As soon as you confirm availability, register so you don’t forget. Registration is limited and typically closes 24 hours before the hike begins.
I offer 3 guided hikes:
- Minnesota Guided Hikes: Open to anyone, age 18 and older, who is comfortable walking on uneven terrain at a moderate pace for a couple of hours.
- Ladies Hikes: Women-only guided hikes.
- Private Hikes: Check out these links to learn how you can book a private hike for just you or for a group of your closest friends and family. I also offer company outings.
Not sure which hike is right for you? Worried about the pace or distance? Have more questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
2023 Guided Hikes
NEW FOR 2023
In an effort to build a greater sense of community, registration for this year’s guided hikes will be exclusive to my email community. Sign up today to get email notifications about upcoming hikes along with occasional tips about hiking, the great outdoors, and lessons I learn along the way.
Read what happy hikers have to say about Holly’s Guided Hikes!
Holly floats around, taking time to get to know you and catch up on what’s new. She is always happy to share her experiences, but she is really invested in fostering connections. Hikes have organically linked hikers with similar interests to continue the conversation post-hike. Holly is more than a “hike leader” – she has experience in the outdoors, hiking the Superior Hiking Trail, and paddling remote lakes in the Boundary Waters. Her outdoor knowledge and her vested interest to connect with others makes for a gratifying experience out on the trail.
Holly’s hikes are a great way to meet new people and explore the great parks Minnesota has to offer. I am not brave enough to explore new parks on my own so her hikes provide me a safe opportunity to do so. Holly is always prepared and makes everyone feel included.
Holly’s group hiking tours provide a great way to connect with nature, while connecting with others of similar interests with ease. I appreciate Holly’s ambition and attention to detail in planning hikes to suit others, whether it’s location, length of time, or level of difficulty. She is familiar with so many different parks and trails, it’s always fun to hear about her experiences. Communicating and scheduling hikes has been prompt and easy. Holly has an energetic and open personality that is very welcoming.
I’ve participated in several hikes organized by Holly. The hikes are a great way to connect with nature, get some exercise, and have meaningful conversations with other women. I enjoy Holly’s infectious energy and great sense of humor and always look forward to the next hike.
Holly’s knowledge of Tettoguche State Park enriched my experience. She is a great guide and left me with tips and advice for the rest of my weekend, as well as for planning future hikes in the area. I look forward to hiking with her again next season!
When I was looking for guided hikes in Minneapolis-St. Paul back in Switzerland, I came across Holly‘s website and knew she was the right person to join for a hike. The minute I saw Holly and the hiking group upon arrival, I felt safe and taken care of. What a wonderful bunch of people! With Holly making sure everyone felt connected and welcome, the hike was a wonderful experience. I will definitely sign up again when I’m back in Minnesota!
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy:
If a cancellation notice is given greater than 48 hours before the scheduled hike, a full refund or credit toward an upcoming hike will be granted. Please see my Stay Safe page for more details about my Come Healthy Stay Healthy option.
If I need to cancel a tour ahead of time due to weather or unforeseeable events, a full refund or credit toward an upcoming hike will be granted. Your safety always comes first, however, light rain, snow, fog, and cooler temperatures will not automatically cancel an event. I will always notify you via text and email if your event is canceled.
What about weather?
It’s important to me that I respect your time. Since many people plan their weekends and travel around these hikes, I’ve created clear expectations as it pertains to weather. As a seasoned outdoorswoman, I know all too well that the forecast is no guarantee.
If it were within my power to provide perfect weather for each event, I would do it. I, unfortunately, do not possess that power. And besides, “perfect” weather means something different for all of us. Changing weather and seasons are what make the outdoors so exciting and beautiful.
Plan for the hike to go on, rain or shine. Events will be canceled only when there are safety concerns such as severe weather, dangerous wind chills, and treacherous road conditions.
Want to switch your registration to a different date?
You can move your registration to a future date, as long as there’s availability. Just contact me at email@example.com at least 48 hours before your original start time.
“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.”
– Anne Frank
Let’s Keep in Touch
Join Holly’s Email Community to get monthly updates and instant access to Find Yourself Outside journal prompts!