Looking to explore new places, make friends, relieve stress, and improve confidence without having to worry about planning and navigation? Then these Twin Cities & Minnesota Guided Hikes are perfect for you!
Hey There! I’m Holly.
I discovered the great outdoors later in life and it’s become a bit of an obsession since. I’ve hiked nearly every mile of trail in every Minnesota State Park. I’ve hiked most of the Superior Hiking Trail and a good portion of the Superior National Forest and Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. I’ve learned everything the hard way and found all of the best places. Now I’m on a mission to share my knowledge and experience with adventurous people like you! I’ve been leading guided hikes since 2018 and enjoy helping people build courage, confidence, and connections in the outdoors. I’d love to see you on the trail and get to know you in real life. Keep reading to learn more.
Registration is Limited
Join the waitlist to be the first to know about upcoming hikes, get exclusive offers, and expert tips!
What to expect:
- A relaxing day on the trail. — I do the leg work, planning, coordinating, and guiding. You just need to show up, relax, and have fun.
- 2+ hours of fitness and fresh air. — Most hikes are around five miles which takes about two hours.
- Make new friends. — Each hike provides an opportunity to meet new people and connect with regulars who are passionate about spending time in the great outdoors.
- Take care of yourself. — Invest in yourself. These guided hikes will help you relieve stress, clear your head, replenish your energy, and build confidence so you can show up as your best self in every area of your life.
- Build confidence. — I’ll help you build confidence in the great outdoors by showing you how to read maps and identify plants.
- Snap incredible photos. — I’ll show you the best spots to get great photographs, especially in the more scenic parts of the state.
- I value your time. — We start each hike on time so we can end on time. Please come early.
- Your safety comes first. — I’m committed to your safety today and every day. Click here to read my safety guidelines. You’ll also find details on items you might want to bring for a more comfortable experience.
- Everyone is welcome. — Whether you’re new to hiking or a seasoned veteran, if you’re an adult over the age of 18, and comfortable walking on uneven terrain, these guided hikes are for you.
I offer 5 guided hikes:
- Minnesota Guided Hikes: Open to everyone, age 18 and older, who is comfortable walking on uneven terrain for 2+ hours.
- Ladies Hike and Learn: An opportunity to nurture healthy relationships with like-minded women. Come early for an optional lesson on how to Find Your Self Outside. Bring your journal and pen!
- Ease into Hiking: New to hiking? Join one of these shorter, easier, and slower-paced hikes with instruction and lessons I learned the hard way.
- Private Hikes: Check out this page to learn how you can book a private hike for just you or for a group of your closest friends and family. I also offer company outings.
- Mentoring on the Move: These sessions combine the best of my mentoring package and private hikes. Let’s get together one-on-one and start your journey to Find Your Self Outside.
Not sure which package is right for you? Contact me at [email protected] for expert guidance.
Upcoming Guided Hikes
Save the date!
October 2nd: Fall Colors Hike – Tettegouche State Park
October 16th: Ladies’ Fall Colors Hike & Celebration – Interstate State Park
November 6th: Banning State Park
November 20th: Ladies’ Hike – Nerstrand State Park
A note about Minnesota State Parks:
Many of this season’s hikes will take place in Minnesota State Parks. Please note that a vehicle permit is required. A one-day permit can be purchased for $7. Annual permits are available for $35. Many of the park offices are now open but you can save time by purchasing online in advance. You can purchase your permit here.
Read what these happy hikers have to say about Holly’s Twin Cities and Minnesota Guided Hikes!
Holly floats around, taking time to get to know you and catch up on what’s new. She is always happy to share her experiences, but she is really invested in fostering connections. Hikes have organically linked hikers with similar interests to continue the conversation post-hike. Holly is more than a “hike leader” – she has experience in the outdoors, hiking the Superior Hiking Trail, and paddling remote lakes in the Boundary Waters. Her outdoor knowledge and her vested interest to connect with others makes for a gratifying experience out on the trail.
Holly’s hikes are a great way to meet new people and explore the great parks Minnesota has to offer. I am not brave enough to explore new parks on my own so her hikes provide me a safe opportunity to do so. Holly is always prepared and makes everyone feel included.
Holly’s group hiking tours provide a great way to connect with nature, while connecting with others of similar interests with ease. I appreciate Holly’s ambition and attention to detail in planning hikes to suit others, whether it’s location, length of time, or level of difficulty. She is familiar with so many different parks and trails, it’s always fun to hear about her experiences. Communicating and scheduling hikes has been prompt and easy. Holly has an energetic and open personality that is very welcoming.
I’ve participated in several hikes organized by Holly. The hikes are a great way to connect with nature, get some exercise, and have meaningful conversations with other women. I enjoy Holly’s infectious energy and great sense of humor and always look forward to the next hike.
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy:
If a cancellation notice is given greater than 48 hours before the scheduled hike, a full refund or credit toward an upcoming hike will be granted. Please see my Stay Safe page for more details on how I’m handling cancellations due to COVID-19.
If I need to cancel a tour ahead of time due to weather or other unforeseeable events, a full refund or full credit toward an upcoming hike will be granted. Your safety always comes first. Light rain, snow, fog, or cooler temperatures do not, however, automatically cancel a tour. I’ll always notify you via text and email if your event is canceled.
Want to switch your registration to a different date?
You can usually move your registration to a future date, as long as there’s availability. Just contact me at [email protected] at least 48 hours before your original start time.
“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.”
– Anne Frank
Let’s Keep in Touch
Join Holly’s Email Community to get monthly updates and instant access to Find Yourself Outside journal prompts!